Sunday, February 26, 2012

Little Boats on the Horizon

I mentioned back in January that I'd been working on a musical project that would be finished around the end of the month. Well, it's still not finished. But I'm getting there!

The project is a collection of solo recordings from the past nine years or so. I've got all these songs sitting around, and mostly they've not been heard. I used to put some on my myspace page every once in awhile for anyone who happened by, but that site has become pretty much useless. So I've finally decided it's time to release something like a proper album for public consumption. I chose thirteen songs that seem to belong together in some sense, ten of which are completely recorded and mixed already. Each of the other three still needs a bit of work, but nothing too difficult.

I've done a mastering job of sorts on the ten that are done, so that they're all similar in volume level and EQ. The remaining three keep getting put off, but I'm determined to get around to them and put the whole collection up on Bandcamp. It will be released under the name "Pale Son," and called Little Boats. I've got the artwork designed, and a friend of mine is doing a painted version of it, for extra texture. I'll let you know when it's all ready.

Meanwhile, here's a fourteenth, instrumental piece I just finished recording. It will be the last track on the album. It's called "Same Window Next Sunday."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like it And. Can't wait to listen to the whole collection.

Mum

Alison said...

Beautiful!